Thursday, September 3, 2009

Pictures of my plants


My borage plants, sowed them from seed a week ago and they are already bigger than my basil seedlings which I planted in April. I blame it on the weather around here, it is too cold for my basil.


From the side. They are about 1.5" tall in the picture, now the tallest is around 2-2.5 inches.


Pole I set up where I would drape plastic wrap over the pot to imitate a greenhouse.



My ginger plant. Not visible yet, but I know it's there. How do I know this? Well I heard it took a month for ginger to sprout or something like that so I thought there mustn't be any growth yet, and fearing the soil was too shallow I tried to dig the root out to replant it deeper only to find little teeth like sprouts growing out of it so I stopped digging and just added some more soil on top to increase the depth.


These are my newly discovered moonflowers, I started them from seeds just a little over a week ago and look how big they've grown!


Moonflower pot sits atop the prime ministers of Canada poster.


This is my lovely grown up basil plant. I bought it for $2.99 at a grocery store. I thought my own basil were growing TOO slowly. I do not have pictures of my basil now. But they are only 1" tall and they were planted in April, more than 4 months ago!

No comments:

Post a Comment