Saturday, September 12, 2009

Awesome!

So while I was inspecting my ginger plant today, I was expecting nothing as usual. But today was different, I noticed a tiny sprout poking out of the dirt. It's probably no more than 3mm tall.


It only took the ginger 2 weeks to sprout, on all the websites it says ginger will take up to a month to sprout. So my ginger is twice as fast! I think it must be due to my peanut can greenhouse, it increases the temperature inside the container by 5 degrees.


Surprise! My basil sprang back to life after my liberal watering last night.


Though these dangling leaves still show signs of trauma, they will undoubtedly survive.


So these are the basil plants I started from seed back in April.


They are puny.


This is just to give you a sense of their height.


This is the plan for a trellis (for my moonflowers). I was hoping to build it, but I can't find any wood. I think I'm just going to tie some bamboo sticks together.

No comments:

Post a Comment