Sunday, May 30, 2010

New Season

Late post.
I started another season of planting on May 05, 10. The seeds I purchased were:
Lobelia, petunia, cone flower, hollyhock, nasturtium, morning glory, and baby blue eyes.
Throughout this month I have learned a lot about gardening.
Lesson 1:
Plants love sunlight, and need sunlight. Pretty obvious, but sometimes I have found myself skimping on the sunlight and this has led to disastrous results.


My seedlings grew very long and thin due to a lack of direct sunlight

So I put it outdoors after the weather grew warmer and added some soil to prevent the seedlings from falling over.

Lesson 2:
Plants germinate and will need space. I didn't plan well enough and the pots overflowed with seedlings.

Soaking all the morning glory seeds before planting.



Overflower

Lesson 3:
Petunias reseed by themselves.

I found these seedlings in a pot that was full of petunias last year and I recognized they were petunia seedlings, they are very big, bigger than the petunias that I started from seeds:

No comments:

Post a Comment